Tianming Zhang, GPU CR-1, was born in 1955 and now lives in Changsha city. He has been engaged in photography for more than 15 years. He is a member of Global Photographic Union (GPU), Royal Photographic Society (RPS), and China Photographers Association. He is a consultant of Hunan Photographers Association. His works has won over 130 awards in photography competitions at home and overseas:
- 2018 Top 10 Chinese Photographers in the World (documentary category)
- Chinese Art Golden Horse Award
- International “Gold Award in Lang Jingshan Photography Art Award” Charity Photo Contest
- Gold Award in the 16th Hunan Provincial Photographic Art Exhibition
- Gold Collection Award in Record Category at The 17th Hunan Provincial Photographic Art Exhibition
- Accepted in 154th International Exhibition of Photography;
- Gold Medal at International Photography Awards 2018.
- He participated in several exhibitions including:
- “Photography of Writers” exhibition in 2009;
- “Life in Ancient Town” at Pingyao International Photo Festival in 2015
- “ Hematology Department” at Yixian International Photo Exhibition in 2016
- “Opera Figures” at 1st Naiman International Photography Culture Festival in 2018
Many of his works were published on magazines such as Popular Photography. Broken shadow of old town(solo exhibition), Make a living in twilight years were exhibited in Pingyao international photography festival in 2015.
About the Photos
A Remote Village
Zhushan Village, located in Phoenix County, is a village inhabited by all Miao people. The village has a history of more than 500 years, and in the old days, the style of witching and exorcising was very popular. The village was bulit with local material on the mountain slope. In 2019, it was listed as the third batch of “Chinese Minority Villages” by the National People’s Committee. Now it is a good example of village alleviated from poverty.