Born in Leuven (Louvain, Belgium) in 1949
Artistic mentor of Foto Gamma Leuven (B)
Bachelor in art photography
Member of GPU( UPI) sinds 2008, Aphrodite, Hermes, Cr2, QPSA, Hon PESGSPC; Hon CPE
Participation at many photographic exhibitions worldwide
- UPI members photo exhibition at 8th Malmö internat. Exhibition of photographic art, 2008.
- Selected for the CIPB Biennial 2010, Jinan Shandong university of Art and Design, China
- UPI members photo exhibition, Argentina 2011
- Best of photographers of the world, 3th internat. photo event, TAMA and PESGSPC, HonPESGSPC, Cyprus 2011
- Selected for the CIPB Biennial 2012, Jinan Shandong university of Art and Design, China
- Selected for The Camel Bell on Silk Road, Inner Mongolia, China 2018
- “Exposures 2018”, anniversary exhibition in ’s-Hertogenbosch, Netherlands.
- International Photo Festival, Tunisia 2019
- The street’s (y)ours, group exhibition streetphotography
- Frequent participation at the annual joint exhibitions of Foto Gamma Atelier Leuven(B) and Zinkae Gent (B).
- Judge in different international exhibitions.
On my walks through cities my eyes are drawn to trivial, commonplace
situations or to remnants of human activities leaving traces in the urban landscape.
“We only see what we look at. To look is an act of choice” John Berger
Some of these are temporary like a shadow, a puddle or an unaware person. These are my “decisive moments”. Others lead their own life and in their triviality become a kind of work of art . Objects get another function or become a sculpture. There is tension between the figurative and the abstract, styling and realism.
I search for beauty in ordinary places and I like to put some humor and ironie in my work.
In this series I give a small overview of my different photographic interests