HERNÁN ENRIQUE ORTEGA PARRAGUEZ
PPSA, GPU CR2, GPU Aphrodite, MFCHF, M.APS, A.NPS
Self-taught, he has participated in formal and informal activities that have contributed to his own professional training, among these stand out:
- April to June 2012: Participates in the asynchronous course “Un Año de Fotografía” (One Year of Photography) dictated by José Benito Ruiz within the framework of the project for the dissemination of photography and conservation of the environment sponsored by Caja Mediterráneo in Alicante, Spain.
- October 2014: Attend the ExpoFoto in Santiago city, participating in the different workshops and presentations that were held during the three days that the activity lasted.
- May 2015: Participates in the Composition course taught by José Benito Ruiz, held in the premises of the Las Condes Cultural Corporation.
- July to October 2015: Participates in the Intermediate Workshop on Cultural Management inserted within the development of activities of the Trama Project, with a duration of 2 months, a project that sought to provide tools for art workers to develop the management skills necessary for development sustainability of its activities, additionally, it participates in the Cultural Entrepreneurship Incubation Program, in which support is carried out for the preparation of projects.
In the same context, it participates in meeting activities with emerging regional artists in the cities of Tocopilla, Mejillones and Antofagasta in order to motivate them to participate in activities and carry out associative actions that allow them to develop their activities.
- August 2016: Participates in the International Cooperatives Seminar organized by the Matucana 100 Cultural Corporation, with the participation of representatives of various cultural organizations, among which SMART Ibérica stands out..
- August 2017: participates in the “Fotografía Nocturna y de Larga Exposición” (Night and Long Exposure Photography) course / workshop carried out by the Spanish photographers, Mario Rubio and David Gámez, which was organized by Grupo Imagno in the Antofagasta city.
- April 2021: Participates in the course “Formación de Jurados en Fotografía” (Jury Training in Photography) organized by the House of Photography and dictated by the Spanish photographer, José Benito Ruiz.
Since 2014 he has worked as a Freelance photographer, covering sports and musical events, fashion shows, private activities, activities with private entities, fashion and modeling sessions, advertising and personal sessions of all kinds.
Among the clients, we can highlight:
- AES Gener
- Deutsche Pharma
- Salud Siglo XXI
- UNHCR ACNUR
- Meero – Uber Eats
- Diario Financiero
Additionally, he has stock photography distribution accounts on Shutterstock, iStock and Depositphotos.
In June 2020, together with 5 other local photographers, he formed the El Tio Foto ® photographic community, in which he develops activities to disseminate and train photographers through remote communication platforms, with, to date, more than 40 activities of this type and 5 face-to-face activities of mass convocation.
As of May 2021, he begins his excursion in International Photography Salons, having the following results to date:
- PPSA: Proficiency of Photographic Society of America
- GPU CR2: Global Photographic Union – Crown 2
- MFCHF: Maestro de la Federación Chilena de Fotografía
- GPU APHRODITE: Global Photographic Union – Aphrodite
- APS: Master of Agile Photographic Society
- NPS: Artiste of Nicosia Photographic Society
- AFGNG: Honorary Artistic Fellowship of GNG Club
- FPMP: Honorary Fellowship of PMP Club
- 8 Gold medals
- 7 Silver medals
- 6 Bronze medals
- 6 ribbons
- 25 Honorable Mention/Diploma
- 1 Best Author of the Show
- July 2021; Jury in the “AFOCH Photography Contest” organized by the Association of Photographers of Chile.
- August 2021: Jury in the photography contest “RE-ENCOUNTER WITH NATURE” organized by the Foto Cine Club Valparaíso
- July 2022: Judge at the 1st National Exhibition of Photographic Art 2022 of the FCHF in the Free Color category.
In January 2022, he is constituted as part of the Directory of the Federación Chilena de Fotografía (Chilean Federation of Photography).
In October 2022 he performs, as Director, the national photography salon “Chile Creativo 2022” with the sponsorship of the Federación Chilena de Fotografía (FCHF 2022/005).
PUBLICATIONS / EXHIBITIONS:
- November 2015: Participates as one of the exhibitors in the Fotoretrato 2015 exhibition at the Balmaceda Arte Joven foundation in its quality of Photography with Honorable Mention of the contest of the same name.
- 2016: Different social photos are published in written media such as:
- June PM Magazine
- Las Últimas Noticias newspaper of January 26
- Diario Austral de Valdivia Newspaper July 16
- Diario La Estrella del Norte Newspaper in August
- Front page of the newspaper El Mercurio de Antofagasta of August 11.
- May 2016: The Photo-report is published in the PM Review called “Stylish nights”, a production made in collaboration with the Duna Vázquez Boutique and the Terrado Hotel in Antofagasta
- June 2016: Publishes the book “Fotografía – Conceptos y Definiciones” (Photography – Concepts and Definitions) ISBN 978-956-362-810-4
- April 2017 – April 2018: He is part of the team of columnists of the Phot Magazine of Spain with articles of technical advice in photography.
- April 2018: Participate as one of the exhibiting photographers at the Escuela Magna in the Principality of Asturias, Spain, for the benefit of the Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis Association. The exhibition that featured works by 27 photographers, mainly Spanish, among which I can name José Benito Ruiz, Mario Rubio, Carles Calero, Jesús García, among many, all prominent in the world of photography.
- May 2018 – June 2019: Collaborator on the CarreteDigital.com website, providing monthly publications on photographic technique for readers and academy participants.
- February 2021: Participates in the virtual exhibition “Antofagasta tras un lente” (Antofagasta behind a lens) organized by the Cultural Corporation of the Municipality of Antofagasta
- January 2021 – to date: Contributor to Captura Raw magazine, publishing articles associated with Technique and Tips in Photography, which are published monthly.